Grain dock yard laborer works at a set location: our Heloise Lake location right next to the Mississippi River just past the Great River Road outside Dyersburg, TN. Main duties of this job are to unload grain trucks on to a conveyor belt that moves the grain on to the river barge. Other duties will be required as needed. These duites may include: small machine operation, pickup truck driving, general housekeeping of jobsite, light repair, etc. Work conditions are mainly outside. Apply Here or read more!
Reports to: Superintendent, or General Manager
Work Hours: Monday – Friday, 10 hour work days (typical), longer work days may be necessary
May require Saturday, Sunday, or night shifts when necessary
The work environment can include excessive heat, cold, wind, rain, and other weather related conditions. At times, work will be conducted on uneven terrain, at heights, and near or over water. The employee will also work around moving mechanical parts, and the noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes, such as asphalt, or airborne particles, such as dust.
A Functional Job Description is provided to applicants/employees and contains more detail on the physical requirements of the position.
Laborers perform various duties site by transferring from one task to another where demands require a worker with varied experience and ability to work without close supervision. Job duties could vary depending daily business tasks. New employees are required to complete Safety Orientation and EEO training. All employees are required to perform all job duties in a safe manner in order to avoid injuries to themselves, other crew members, and the general public.
- Follow safety guidelines at all times
- Ability to work as a team
- Must be able to pass drug screenings and maintain a drug free workplace
- Must be in good physical condition and endurance and pass a pre-employment physical
- Must be able to physically perform the essential duties and responsibilities as documented on the Functional Job Description for this position
- Must have good vision and hearing
- Must have reliable transportation and possess a current valid drivers’ license if driving company vehicle
- Must be ready to learn from on-the-job training when necessary
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
General Job Duties:
- Follow instructions from supervisor(s)
- Assist other crew members with various tasks as needed
- Utilize hand and power tools to complete required tasks
- Attendance, punctuality, and reporting to supervisor is required
- Must wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as needed and as required
- Must attend all Tool Box Talks, ongoing safety training, and other on-the-job training
- Performs other duties as assigned
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Due to the extreme physical nature of the work, ADA accommodations may be limited. However, the Company will review each case and make accommodations if possible.
Minorities, females, and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Ford Construction Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.